The Mission of the PREWIN European Network is to support progress towards improved performance and reliability of European Waste-to-Energy plants (incineration and co-incineration) while maintaining low or reduced emissions to the environment.
Topics handled in the Prewin Network
- High-efficiency Waste–to-Energy plants
- Corrosion and Materials
- Plant condition/emission monitoring methods
- Better materials and better informed selection of materials for critical applications
(from the homepage of Prewin Jan. 2014)
ISWA’s declared mission is:
To Promote and Develop Sustainable and Professional Waste Management Worldwide
ISWA achieves its mission through:
- Promoting resource efficiency through sustainable production and consumption
- Support to developing and emerging economies
- Advancement of waste management through education and training
- Promoting appropriate and best available technologies and practices
- Professionalism through its programme on professional qualifications.
(from the homepage of ISWA Jan. 2014)