ICDI (inter-city waste collection organisation for the Charleroi region) has installed one full automatic DD-Jet System for cleaning of the boiler on its new energy recovery boiler.
The new ICDI boiler is capable to process the energy from up to 110,000 ton/year of municipal waste, the unit initiated its commercial operation in 2019.
Dublix Technology was selected as supplier of the boiler cleaning system by one of the European leading boiler manufacturing companies; Duro Đaković TEP d.o.o., Slavonski Brod, Croatia.
The DD-Jet system is installed above the empty boiler passes and the unit shall clean the second pass of the boiler.
The DD-Jet system is operated remotely from the control center as well as locally at the boiler roof.
Boiler cleaning of this type has become of increased importance for most modern WtE plants in Europe. The DD-Jet system has compared to other so called "Shower Cleaning Systems" shown very good performance as an efficient cleaning system providing high availability with a stable operational performance, used to optimize the overall steam production and reduce the need for plant stops required for boiler cleaning;
The direct long term effect of an efficient boiler cleaning with the DD-jet system on many installations is now recognized by plant operators to be very profitable solution with a fast return of investment (ROI), the DD-Jet system is providing the following key performance benefices;
- maximize the boiler efficiency during the complete operational period by efficiently controlling the inlet flue gas temperature to the super-heater bundles
- reduce the risk of debris from fouling on the boiler walls hitting the plant maintenance staff during shutdown periods
- reduce the risk of corrosion by efficient and well controlled fouling reduction of the various cleaned boiler radiation passes and thereby also reduce the high temperature fouling in the super-heater boiler sections
- the automatic operation of the DD-Jet system optimizes the use of man-power during operation and secure the correct cleaning frequency
- increases the plant availability, reduce unplanned plant stops and minimize the hours needed for manual boiler cleaning during maintenance and expensive boiler tube repair
- the return of investment (ROI) is very short
Please contact Dublix Technology for more information about the DD-Jet boiler cleaning system eventually place your inquiry via our direct e-mail address info [at] dublix.com